Saturday, November 13, 2010

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus

I finished the Governor's Cup Half Marathon this morning at about 9:15.  My time was 1:45, which is exactly what I was shooting for.  That's eight minutes per mile.  I couldn't have asked for better weather today.  The other runners were friendly enough and I had a couple quick conversations im Vorbeigehen.  I'm probably violating the sacred need-to-know rule, but I had to pee something fierce almost from the beginning of the run, notwithstanding the fact that I had taken care of business only moments earlier in a Port-a-Potty.  I added at least one minute to my time at mile eight to relieve my frickin' bladder.

I don't want to get too hasty here, but I'm starting to think about a full marathon in my future.  This 13.1 business wasn't too bad.  We'll see.  I ain't exactly getting any younger.  As it is, I had some body parts fall off in the course of the run.  I had to go back with a dust pan and broom to retrieve them.  Nothing that a little super glue can't fix.  My buddy Delancie Horton, Mr. High Speed incarnate, is going to keep in touch and hook a few of us up to run the Army Ten-Miler in Washington D. C. next October.  I'm looking forward to seeing my BOLC friends again!  I feel like I've been running in circles all my life, so I might as well make it official with these scheduled events every now and then.  As far as the run today goes, it was nice to see a few fellow soldiers from school.  We came, we saw, and we conquered today!