Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Birthday Girl

Erika turned twenty today.  In our phone call conversation she observed that people will think I’m old for having a twenty-year-old daughter.  Yes, I recall someone in my class saying something like that!  So be it.  But I’m proud of Erika and I sit back and watch with amazement as she grows up.  It seems like yesterday when she was going to kindergarten in California and later Germany.  I’ve written about my daughters not too long ago, so I won’t go into too much depth once again.  I’ve already taken too many liberties these past couple of months in revealing aspects of my family life.  I never feel fully comfortable in doing so.  Let me just add that Erika has an easy-going personality that makes her fun to be around.  She's possessed good social skills since a young age too.  I'm lucky to have a daughter like her.