Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Living the Dream

I’ve been on military orders these past two weeks to conduct a 100% Change of Command inventory as the incoming commander of a headquarters detachment.  I’ve been staying at a La Quinta about 10 minutes away from the Army Reserve Center.  I sit in an office throughout the day until the supply sergeant has located and laid out pieces of equipment for me to inspect and check off the property book.  We’re not making the progress I would have liked but I’m still ahead of the game.  I’m allotted a certain amount of time to complete the inventory and so far we’re ahead of schedule.  In the late afternoon I go running at a park near the hotel.  Then I retreat to the hotel with some food, take a shower, eat, check in with my online class, watch the news on TV and a murder mystery on the internet, and try hard to fall asleep.  I’ve been struggling with insomnia lately.  It’s been a bit of Groundhog Day here.  Lather, rinse, repeat.