Saturday, April 2, 2011

Twizzlers or Red Vines?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.  I like to think of myself as a decisive person.  What guy doesn’t, especially when you’re in a position of leadership?  Truth is, I couldn’t decide my way out of a paper bag.  Life is just so darn full of dilemmas and I find myself sitting on the fence, unable to act, getting utterly frustrated.  It’s debilitating.  Should I stay or should I go?  Should I follow my head or follow my heart?  Is that shit or Shinola?  To be or not to be?  Should I pop in the Lamb of God or Michael Bublé CD?  Should I choose paper or plastic?  Coke or Pepsi?  Twizzlers or Red Vines?  Wear underwear or go commando?  Should I devote more of my energy to the military or academia?  I’m currently on the precipice of an important career decision.  Then again, it feels as though perpetual change has been a constant refrain throughout my adult life.  Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.  Given the current economy, and the potential shutdown of the government, I must balance that which I want to do with that which is more lucrative.  Yes, I’m on the horns of another dilemma, even though I feel more like a lone stalagmite standing erect in a dark cavern.  Or maybe I’m more like a suspended fourth chord that won’t resolve.  I can’t decide.