Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the Year

Now the time has come to sum up this year.  Don’t worry.  I’ll give you only the highlights.  Though I’m a homebody, I’ve made a few outings in 2011.  In April I ran a half marathon in St. Louis on my birthday and was able to visit a couple of friends.  In May I went to Atlanta for a week of Army leadership training and was able to catch a Braves game.  In the early summer, I walked through groves of redwoods and sequoias in Northern California with a couple of friends.  On the heels of the California trip I went to Kentucky for two weeks of annual Army training with my unit.  Personal achievements include qualifying as sharpshooter once again on the 9mm pistol in October, running three half marathons, becoming a company commander, and getting a new teaching job at a state university.  I don’t know what 2012 will bring.  I have no grand plans and have made no resolutions.