Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Spider Monkey

I wish I had a spider monkey.  I'd feed it fruits and nuts every day.  It would sleep in my bed and cling to me all night long.  On the downside, I suppose my spider monkey would not be much of a conversationalist, nor would it appreciate my book collection.  Still, we'd hang out at the coffeehouse together, enjoying each other's company.  I wouldn't care what people think, because I'd be happy.  If it's wrong for me to want a spider monkey, please tell me why, for it feels so right.  My little buddy's companionship would help me cope.  We'd keep each other entertained.  It wouldn't judge me, but accept me for who I am.  For my part, I wouldn't treat my spider monkey like an inferior; to the contrary, we'd be partners in crime, two peas in a pod, facing the challenges of the day together.