Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update

Hi folks! A few days ago I fixed the comment option for this blog. I didn’t realize that someone would have to fill out identification papers and upload a resume just to make a brief comment on something I wrote! So please feel free to give me your two cents once and a while, but keep the F-bombs to a minimum—no more than three per paragraph, say.

As you’ve perhaps noticed, I’ve uploaded installments of a short story entitled “Family Portrait.” I thought it’d be nice to switch to some fiction for a while. For the record, the story is pure fiction, but my writing is based on research into forensics, the criminal mind, and Arkansas.

This Friday I’ll be leaving for a 9-day canoe trip to the Boundary Waters in Northern Minnesota, so blog entries will be few and far between for the rest of July. Just four guys canoeing in a wilderness area. I’m bringing my combat knife and baton; it might not be the Appalachian backwoods, but nobody’s going to make a Ned Beatty out of me. Also, I’ll be in South Carolina for military training from the end of August until late November. I’m hoping for some R&R time to explore the southeast part of the country. I’ll be driving from my current residence to South Carolina and plan to make a couple of sightseeing stops along the way. Alone on the road. Fun.