Sunday, February 12, 2012

Geheimnis

Many people don’t know this about me, but I…I…Oh gosh.  I’m sorry, I find myself welling up with emotions right now just thinking about it….I’ll just blurt it out, as it will be easier this way: I, I used to be a girl.  No, I’m not saying that I magically turned into a man yesterday, silly!  What I mean is that I was born a female and until I was twenty had a relatively normal life growing up as a girl.   I say relatively, though, because, well, I had never felt comfortable in my own skin and my adolescence was hell.  I don’t normally make such confessions to a stranger such as yourself, but my hope is that talking about it will bring me some peace of mind.  Please don’t misunderstand me, dear reader.  I’m happy being a man, and my resolve to change my situation, an accident of nature, is probably the best decision I’ve ever made.  But it didn’t come easily and I went through years of confusion and shame.  Moreover, the “surgery” went awry, and I ended up with two…Anyway, I don’t want to talk about the details.  Suffice to say, I place surgery in quotation marks because it was a back alley hack job.  I find it ironic that I don’t understand women.  I know it sounds strange, but it’s true.  And do me a favor, would you?  Let's keep these disclosures our little secret.